Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stone Fruit

I saw these cherries in the grocery this weekend and I grabbed them up.  The kids will eat them so fast.  I wanted to take a picture of them.  Their color is fantastic.  Every time I buy cherries they don't last 24 hours in my house.

So Sunday night before anyone saw them, I whisked them outside and snapped a few pictures. 

And there you have it!  Stone fruit.  I knew they would be pretty!
The teacup is Johnson Brothers Coaching Scenes.

Sherry
 I will link this to:
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Your Cozy Home Party  at Cozy Home Scenes
Table Top Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

13 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

In this case, life is just a teacup full of cherries. Lovely photos.

allisamazing said...

My hubby and I love cherries but our kids, for some strange reason, don't. That's okay - it leaves more for us :) Your cherries look delicious!

Unknown said...

Sherry -- loving the red, white and blue -- so festive! I adore cherries :)

Blessings!
Gail

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry, Beautifully photographed! Sometimes I buy fruit or vegetables because of their beauty so I can paint them! I appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Debbie said...

Perfection!
Enjoy.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
Your cherries and teacup make a very pretty picture! I love pretty fruit and cherries certainly are that. Of course, I am loving your teacup too!Thank you for sharing and coming for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sue said...

I bought some this week too and put mine in a bowl and snapped pictures before they disappeared. I do love the photos in the cup, you were much more creative than I was! Stay cool and keep doing the rain dance...isn't this awful?

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Yum! I love cherries -- I need to get one of those cherry pitters though because I hate dealing with the seeds. Yep, I'm lazy :)

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I love Johnson Brothers china, and have a tiny collection. Yours is very beautiful, especially when filled with luscious cherries--enjoy them!

Honey at 2805 said...

You were smart to grab them for you lovely pictures, Sherry! I love cherries and they can be snapped up really quickly!

I'm back from an extended blog break and hope to see you for Potpourri Friday!

Sarah said...

Cherries don't last long around here either. ;-)
I just returned from visiting a friend in Santa Fe, and we had fresh picked cherries from a tree in her yard. Delicious!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Very pretty! I love really dark cherries, but I can only eat them fresh - I can't eat cherry pie or anything else cherry flavored.

Terri said...

Gorgeous Sherry!
I love the blue and red together, and the table cloth truly matches the cherries! The blue and white tea cup is beautiful!
Just bought cherries today, yum! Fresh fruit is one of the delights of summer.
Hugs,
Terri