Monday, August 15, 2016

August Tea/Garden Journal

August Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
There was only one flower I wanted in my August tea/garden journal, it was sunflowers.  They bloomed in the garden just in time.  The small zinnias have grown into a row of beautiful non-stop blooms all down one side of the garden and I put a few of them in the picture too.

August Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
The teacup was from my great grandfather's collection.  It has a great story behind it.  The teacup is Blue Ridge Pottery. Grandmother said my great grandparents used to buy housegoods like this from a riverboat that came down the river to the small town I grew up in KY. 

August Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
August, full of the midsummer heat and blooms.  Summer isn't over yet, although the colors are starting to get tawny and golden all over the place.
Have you got golden tones blooming in your garden?

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings- The Heart of  Your Home
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cupof Mrs. Olsen
What To Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Rose Garden Malevik Saturday Showoff
The Scoop at Stonegable
Best of the Weekend with Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Share It One More Time at Shabbyfufu   

17 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your sunflowers are gorgeous!! I would love to know the names of the varieties you have. I used to grow them and I have been longing for sunflowers and zinnias in my garden again. How special to have your great grandfather's teacup!

Margie said...

So pretty! I think this is my favourite garden/tea post yet!

We've had a hot and dry summer so many of the plants in my garden didn't make it...

Pondside said...

There is still lots of colour in the August gardens here but I notice that there is also colour beginning to appear in the trees.
You are fortunate to have the teacup - a piece of your family's and home town's history.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love sunflowers. They seem like such happy flowers. Or maybe they just make me happy.
Brenda

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Gorgeous photos!!!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

So pretty!

I love that story about your grandfather's teacup - how neat you have this pretty cup and story to share!

Your pics are lovely.

No, still very hot and very summer-y here in mid-Ohio! NO golden colors just yet! No hurry for life to pass by, that's for sure.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your blooms and teacup make a pretty picture, Sherry. It's nice when a piece of china has a story behind it.

Blessings,
Sandi

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Beyond smitten by these photos. Just lovely. Thank you for sharing them. And the story of your grandfather's cup is WONDERFUL! Have a very blessed day!!! ~Heather

Our Hopeful Home said...

Oh my gosh these flowers and colors are gorgeous! I love that tea cup as well. So nice to have family stories to hand down! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xoKathleen

quakerhillfarm said...

Lovely blooms! The teacup is so pretty also. I have not started my journal as yet, but have good intentions! LOL have a great week, Lynn

Pam Richardson said...

Sherry, your sunflowers are beautiful...mine are now spent! Love the tea cup and its story! Pam @ Everyday Living

janice15 said...

I love sunflowers, saw some in the grocery store the other day. Your look so pretty.. Gosh fall is just around the corner. Don't know where the days went. We've been having fogg in just my area the rest of San Francisco has been having sun, enjoy your days of summer.. And yes my little snow ball tree has turned orange.. With love Janice

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sherry, I would be so thrilled to have a teacup of my great grandfather's! What a wonderful story behind it. And your flowers are stunning!

Bernideen said...

What a pretty little wreath picture you made! It makes us all smile! Thank you for linking.

Villrose said...

Great color shades in your sunflowers!
I have a tea set in sunflower pattern :)

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness, your sunflowers are pretty! I don't usually plant them but the birds do. We have a big one in our flower bed right now.

Happy Thoughts of Home. :)

JES said...

Loving this series and pinned it!!! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)